How to apply a bin sticker
What you'll need...
- Cloth, wet & dry
- Bowl of soapy water
- Credit card
- Your brand new Wheeliedesign!
- If your Wheeliedesign gets dirty, simply wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- If you are placing your Wheeliedesign on the side of your Wheelie Bin, you may need to cut the sticker to fit. Please do this before applying the sticker.
- Applying the sticker in daylight will help you see any air bubbles.
- Clean and dry the surface you plan on placing the sticker. This will get rid of any dirt or grease.
- Now, wet the surface you plan on placing the sticker with soapy water. You will need to have a wet surface in order to maneuver the sticker around and into place. If the surface is too dry, the sticker will immediately stick to the bin and you will not be able to reposition the sticker if required.
- Visually position the sticker in the desired location. Remove approx. 10cm of the backing paper evenly across the top and lightly apply the exposed sticker to the bin's surface. Stand back and check if it is level (if not remove the sticker and reposition). Make sure the surface is still wet.
- Once the sticker is applied to the top, remove the backing paper entirely. Firmly hold the base of the sticker with one hand slightly out from the bin so the adhesive is not yet touching. Using the edge of a plastic credit card apply even pressure scraping left to right continuing downwards until the decal is fully applied from top to bottom.
- IMPORTANT! Scrape all air bubbles out to the nearest exposed edge and squeeze out any excess water. Air Bubbles could cause the sticker to crack over time.
- Proudly park your new Wheeliedesign bin in the street next bin day!